Northeastern Envelope Co.
2 Maxson Drive, Old Forge, PA 18518
April 25, 2005 - Sept 1, 2014
• Managed the collection and distribution of submitted art.
• Evaluated art files for quality.
• Adjusted the art as needed for prepress purposes.
• Coordinated with customers on prepress requirements, rebuilding files as necessary and expediting to meet deadlines.
Communicated to customers our requirements for quality control purposes.
The Personalization Station1100 Memorial Highway, Dallas, PA 18612
June 2003 - December 2003
• Oversaw the production of a wide range of product and media types, including puzzles, posters, mugs, T-shirts and other items.
• Designed a digital workflow procedure to make the greatest use of software and hardware.
• Processed downloaded image files in accordance with order requirements and directed files to create the required product.
• Maintained and troubleshooted various output devices.
Van Nuys office 15350 Sherman Way, #340 Van Nuys, CA 91406
November 1999 - May 2002
Production Artist - Los Angeles Times, The Daily News, The Daily Breeze newspapers
• Expedited last-minute changes and corrections to newspaper ads.
• Liaisoned with customer service representatives and prepress departments of the newspapers to ensure the ads run as required.
• Advised customer service representatives on various legal requirements for different types of ads.
• Utilized creative problem solving to make submitted art print as required.
Auto, Retail, and Real Estate Department:
• Created new ads from customer service representatives written and verbal ideas, and coordinated with customer service representatives to create the ad they want.
• Resize ads to fit new physical dimensions.
• Rework ads to run with different color requirements.
• Send proofs via various means and coordinate approvals or any necessary changes.
• Proofing others' work for inaccuracies.
Al Collins Graphic Design School
1407 W. 10th Pl, Tempe, AZ, 85281
November 1998 - October 1999
Instructor - Design Principles, Photography, Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Adobe Illustrator, Quark Xpress
• Instructed students on the fundamentals of visual design philosophy and technique and the reasons behind them.
• Instructed students on the technical aspects of particular software packages.
• Modified and expanded upon the course curriculum per the needs of the students.
• Planned and executed classroom goals and methodology.
• Created course outlines, exercises, and grading systems.
• Devised and delivered presentations in various media to illustrate a particular point as needed.
West End Games
RR 3 Box 2345, Honesdale, PA
(570) 253 - 6990
November 1995 - July 1998
As the third largest Role-Playing game publisher in the industry, we dealt with many major motion picture companies, such as Lucasfilm, Universal, Sony/Amblin Entertainment and MGM.
• Planned and managed the design of simultaneous projects.
• Layed out book interiors and covers within tight deadlines and budgets.
• Contracted and directed many different freelance illustrators for required illustrations.
• Produced photographs, diagrams, maps, and 3D models on a freelance basis to be used as interior illustrations.
Guy Cali Associates Photography
1176 Winola Road, Clarks Summit, PA
(570) 586 - 2500
October 1993 - November 1995
Northeast Pennsylvania’s largest commercial and portrait photography studio, our clients included Akzo-Noble Salt, ICS Schools, Lucent Technologies and Chamberlain Munitions.
• Assisted on location assignments.
• Developed and print black & white film.
• Managed the development of transparency film.
• Photographed architectural exteriors and interiors.
• Photographed commercial assignments.
• Set up and arranged lighting equipment and props.